Barna Group’s The State of Pastors 2017 Report
- press release — highlights:
- Over 14,000 Protestant pastors from 40 denominations were surveyed.
- The median age of pastors is 54, up from 44 25 years ago.
- 91% report a good overall quality of life, and 88% describe their spiritual well-being as excellent or good.
- One in three pastors is at risk of burnout, and nearly half face relational risks in their marriages, families, and friendships.
- Almost half have faced depression, while one in five pastors has struggled with an addiction—most commonly, to porn.
- Most U.S. adults express ambivalence about pastors, and only 8 percent are interested in hearing pastoral teaching on cultural issues.
- analysis with focus on rising age of clergy
- 147-page report from Barna Group: $39
Small-Church News Articles